Heads Up Folks: Biker Wear is Moving Soon
We are still at our old location for now on the motor mile, but we are moving to downtown Johnson City. New address will be 116 Buffalo Street. Beside Yee-Haw Brewing. We will announce our Grand Opening Date soon. We love all of you and thank you for being such great customers. We look forward to seeing you at our Grand Opening.
The 8th Wonder Of The World (about 86 miles round trip). Referred to as the Eighth Wonder of the World by William Jennings Bryan, the Natural Tunnel stretches more than 850-feet long and is as tall as a 10-story building. The Natural Tunnel is more than one million years old and has been attracting visitors for more than two centuries. You can ride the chairlift down to hiking trails, picnic tables, and of course, the tunnel itself. The Natural Tunnel, located in Duffield, is a marvelous landmark that can be explored in a number of ways. By far the most memorable is the chairlift that will take you right down to the opening of this fascinating tunnel.
The tunnel was carved naturally over thousands of years through a limestone ridge, and today, it helps to make this breathtaking formation stand as the centerpiece of Natural Tunnel State Park in Scott County, Virginia. While this naturally formed cave, which is so large that it is used as a railroad tunnel, easily merits a visit on its own, this Virginia state park boasts a whole range of additional attractions that make Natural Tunnel State Park the ideal destination for your next RV trip.
With cave tours and canoe trips on the nearby Clinch River, a swimming pool with a 100-foot slide, miles of hiking, mountain biking, fishing, and self-guided trails, the historic Wilderness Road Blockhouse, live music, and a chairlift to the tunnel floor, Natural Tunnel State Park has something to lure in every kind of guest from bikers, hikers and paddlers to history buffs and casual sightseers.
Now here is how to get there.
Start at the Holiday Inn in Johnson City. 1. Turn right at light 11E S, 250 ft. 2. Turn right on I-26 W/ US 23 N, 22.9 mi. 3. Continue straight on US 23 N/US 58 W/US 421 N, 17.4 mi. 4. Turn right on SR 871, 1.3 mi. 5. Turn right on Chairlift Loop, 0.2 mi. 6. Turn right on Natural Tunnel State Park. 7. Turn left on Chairlift Loop, 0.2 mi. 8. Turn left on SR 871, 1.3 mi. 9. Turn left on US 23 S/US 58 E/US 421 S, 17.4 mi. 10. Turn right on I-26 E / 23 S, 22.9 mi. 11. Turn right on Exit 20, Roan St.
A few places you might want to stop:
1. Gray Fossil Site - Take a prehistoric adventure 2. Natural Tunnel State Park - Experience incredible views and discover a wonderful natural formation. 3. Cootie Browns - Unique, locally-owned restaurant with an eclectic menu and fun atmosphere.4. Phil’s Dream Pit - A local BBQ favorite. 5. Mona Lisa’s Gelato - Perfect for some lighter fare or delicious, traditional gelato. 6. Kingsport Carousel - Wonder at this local delight, or select one of the hand-carved animals and take a ride
1. Movie trailers got their name because they were originally shown after the movie.
2. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
3. Pope John Paul II was an honorary Harlem Globetrotter.
4. If you plug your nose, you can’t tell the difference between an apple, a potato, and an ` onion.
5. There are 293 ways to make a change for a dollar.
6. A Harry Potter book filled with typos sold for $90,000
7. Rainbows were called “bows of promise” in Victorian English.
8. Hershey’s makes one million miles of Twizzlers every year.
9. Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
10. One-quarter of your body’s bones are in your feet.
11. The average person spends 6 months of their life sitting at red lights.
12. The average American/Canadian will eat about 11.9 pounds of cereal per year!
13. The thumbnail grows the slowest and the middle nail the fastest, nearly four times faster than toenails.
14. It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
15. Oreo has made enough cookies to span five back and forth trips to the moon.
1. WJs Spring Bike Show April 16th
2. Dirt Race Bristol Motor Speedway April 16th – 18th
3. World of Outlaws Bristol Bash April 28th – 30th
1. Thunder Beach Rally April 27th – May 1st Panama City, FL
2. Thunder In The Smokies April 29th – May 1st
1. Benefit Ride for Chris Calloway Washington County Moose April 24th
2. 2nd Annual Feeding 5,000 Fun Ride April 31st
3. Smokey Mountain HD Cannonball Run April 31st
1. Kingsport Moose Riders 2nd & 4th Wednesday Each Month
2. 19E Pit Stop Every Wednesday
3. Quaker Steak & Lube Every Thursday
4. Tulips Grub & Pub Every Friday
5. Thunder Mountain Tavern Every Tuesday
6. Peacemakers Bike Night 801 Boozy Creek Every 3rd Friday of each month
7. East Coast Wings Every Wednesday